Saturday, March 2, 2013

What's Up, Puddin' Cup?



YUM YUM YUMMY!

This is our favorite.  Homemade chocolate pudding must be one of the most satisfying comfort foods around.  And, while I have to believe that my version is much healthier than the Jello boxed mixes or the type that are found in the refrigerated section at the grocery store, this is in NO WAY a "health food!"  But I'm sure you know that.  This is strictly comfort food and it will cure what ails you.

Here, I have served this up with some whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry, but these small Mason jars come with screw on rims and lids for *ahem* single serving sizes, which will keep in your refrigerator for a while.  I have no idea how long, as this dessert never stays in my house for more than a couple of days. 

Here's my recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup baking cocoa
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 cups milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips


Directions

  • In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, semi sweet chocolate chips, cornstarch and salt. gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Chill until serving. 
If you like, you may cover your warm pudding with some plastic cling wrap to avoid the "skin"....personally, I love the skin, and I think it gives the pudding homemade "cred." 


ENJOY!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment